Barberton timeline 1884-1911
- 4 July, Henry Barber and his cousin Fred discovers Barberton
- Small hut prison is established
- The first traces of alluvial Gold are found by Tom McLachlan.
- 4 April, First newspaper, the Barberton Herald, is published.
- 1 October, First post office opened
- Eureka City is built
- 13 April, First Gold Exchange building in South Africa opens in Barberton
- 13 October, Railway from Kaapmurden to Barberton begins
- Female prison is established
Collections in the Archives