South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support. SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfil our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
As you are aware, we are one of the few non-profit organisations that makes historical archives available and writes articles and biographies for public use. Unlike other institutions, all of our content is free to download.
To cover the annual costs of administering this project and to help us meet our mandate we invite all our supporters to contribute upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.
With this support we will:
- strengthen teaching and learning by helping us to develop our online classroom and history resources.
- popularise South African and African History.
- build the largest biography project ever undertaken in South Africa.
- allow us to take on student interns, who get both to write for our website and learn to work in a digital archive.
- add new material to our vast online archive.
- help us build and maintain a safe and secure website.
Read more about SAHO