King Mpande kaSenzangakhona
Names: King Mpande kaSenzangakhona
Born: 1798, Babanango, Zululand (now KwaZulu Natal)
Died: 19 November 1872*, Nodwengu in Zululand (now KwaZulu Natal)
In summary: fade King of the Zulu’s once he defeated Dingane with the help of the Voortrekkers. He reigned as King from 1840 to 1872 and was succeeded by Cetshwayo.
Mpande was king of the Zulu nation from 1840 to 1872, making him the longest reigning Zulu king. He was a half-brother of Shaka and Dingane, who both preceded him as kings of the Zulu. He was born in Babanango, Zululand.
- Mpande. Online encyclopedia. nationmaster.com
- Potgieter, D.J. et al. (eds) (1970). Standard Encyclopedia of Southern Africa, Cape Town: NASOU, v. 7, p. 626.
- Wallis, F. (2000). Nuusdagboek: feite en fratse oor 1000 jaar, Kaapstad: Human & Rousseau.
- Mpande. Encyclopedia Article. encarta.msn.com
- Cohen, Y.A. (unknown). Man in adaptation: the cultural present (2nd ed). Google books online