The property was originally granted to Francois Pieter de Necker in 1785 and formed part of the Farm Coornhoop. The House, Built in a Cape Dutch style and known as Westoe, was Erected soon thereafter by de Necker, and underwent Restoration in 1967. The Historical Outbuildings date from the 19th Century. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC Legislation on 22 March 1968.

-33° 56' 31.2", 18° 28' 15.6"
mon ref: 9/2/018/0211