Suburb of Pretoria North, of the Wonderboom Reserve. Proclaimed in July 1953, it was first administered by Peri-Urban Health Board. In July 1964 it was incorporated into the Municipal Area of Pretoria. It was named in honour of Ann Elizabeth van der Linde, wife of the owner of the ground on which it was laid out, by AS Pretorius.
New Dictionary of South African Place Names by Peter E Ruper