Dutch Reformed Church and Parsonage, Three Anchor Bay
Coordinates
-33.9077, 18.4008
Updated
20 Jul 2026
P-0065882
The church building was officially opened by Dr Andrew Murray on 9 July 1879. Eight months later, on 10 March 1880, the congregation seceded from the Groote Kerk in Cape Town. The stained glass windows date from 1885 and the tower from 1903. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 25 May 1979.
It can be located at 265 Main Road Sea Point.
Location Map
Dutch Reformed Church and Parsonage, Three Anchor Bay
Cite this entry
South African History Online. (2011, July 14). Dutch Reformed Church and Parsonage, Three Anchor Bay. South African History Online. https://sahistory.org.za/nso/ref/P-0065882
South African History Online (2011) 'Dutch Reformed Church and Parsonage, Three Anchor Bay', South African History Online, 14 July. Available at: https://sahistory.org.za/nso/ref/P-0065882 (Accessed: 22 July 2026).
South African History Online, Dutch Reformed Church and Parsonage, Three Anchor Bay [website], https://sahistory.org.za/nso/ref/P-0065882, (accessed 22 July 2026).
"Dutch Reformed Church and Parsonage, Three Anchor Bay." South African History Online, 14 July 2011, https://sahistory.org.za/nso/ref/P-0065882. Accessed 22 July 2026.
South African History Online. "Dutch Reformed Church and Parsonage, Three Anchor Bay." South African History Online. July 14, 2011. https://sahistory.org.za/nso/ref/P-0065882.