Thaba Tshwane or Voortrekkerhoogte, is a military base (or military area), in Pretoria, South Africa. Founded around 1905 by the British Army, and called Roberts Heights after Lord Roberts. It was renamed Voortrekkerhoogte ("Voortrekker Heights") in 1939 by the government of the Union of South Africa, following the beginning of the building of the nearby Voortrekker Monument, at a time of growing Afrikaner nationalism.
The oldest building in the complex is the South African Garrison Institute, what is now known as the Army College. Lord Kitchener laid the cornerstone on 12 June 1902.
On the 19 May 1998, following the end of apartheid, it was renamed again, getting the name Thaba Tshwane.
Die Vesting is one of the largest remaining timber-framed corrugated iron houses on the military base and was erected by the British shortly after the South African War. Since the beginning of the 20th century it has accommodated several high-ranking defence force officers, including Sir Pierre van Ryneveld. The nearby block house, which is included in the proclamation, dates from the South African War and is probably one of the few remaining examples of a structure that was commonplace in 1902.
On the 19 May 1998, following the end of apartheid, it was renamed again, getting the name Thaba Tshwane. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 18 February 1984.