In the year 1824 a number of farm owners, living on the outskirts of Cape Town. Petitioned Lord Somerset, the Governor of Cape, for a church to be built for them! The foundation stone was laid on the 1 April 1925. 

It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 29 August 1975.

-33° 49' 48", 18° 38' 24"
Further Reading