The original portions of these two cottages dated from 1919 and were built as seaside cottages by affluent residents of Cape Town. Additions were made as and when necessary. They were declared National Monuments under old NMC legislation on 16 July 1982.
Both 60 and 62 originally formed part of the farm owned by K.S. de Villiers, known as the land baron of the area. He died in 1916 and the property was soon afterwards subdivided into lots to form the township now known as Fish Hoek.
-33° 37' 25.7012", 18° 27' 27.9141"