The All Saints complex, which includes the original church and the old parsonage, as well as a church hall and a garden of remembrance, dates from 1860 and is closely associated with the history and development of Durbanville. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 30 July 1982.
The Anglican Church in this Province was established in 1870 when its first Provincial Synod was held in Cape Town. It has grown over the years and now has 25 dioceses, found in the countries of Angola, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mocambique, Namibia, South Africa and the island of St Helena (South Atlantic Island). It has a diverse membership of approximately 34 million people, speaking many languages and representing many cultures and races. In 1989 the Church produced its new Anglican Prayer Book, 1989 which was simultaneously published in 6 languages. Today it is available in 9 of the languages spoken in these regions.