Rietfontein is a Town in ZF Mgcawu District Municipality, in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. It functions as the Rietfontein Border post with Namibia, during the day hours of 08:00-16:30, that gives access to and from South-East Namibia, via Aroab on the C 16 Main Road. The ZF Mgcawu District Municipality (previously Siyanda District Municipality) is a Category C Municipality forming the mid-Northern section of the Northern Cape Province, bordering with Botswana in the North and Namibia in the West.

It makes up just under a third of the Province's Geographical Area, of which 65 000 km² comprise the vast Kalahari Desert, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and the former Bushmanland. This District comprises five local municipalities. Upington is the District Municipal Capital, where the Municipal Government is located. Rietfontein Border Control is a single graveled carriageway. The nearest Town to this Border on the Namibian side is, Aroab, and on the South African side, Rietfontein.

"Make sure you have: a 'ZA' sticker on your car if travelling from South Africa, which can be purchased at any 'AA' agent or at outdoor retailers. Also, a valid passport for showing at the Border, which should be valid for another 6 months from the date you leave South Africa or your relevant Country, a valid Driver's License; (i.e. South Africa licenses are valid in Namibia.) Cash to pay a Road User's Fee (approx. R220 for a car, R 140 per trailer/camper. You can pay by credit card, in South Africa rand or Namibian dollar. It is safer to take enough cash with it. An important point is to note that your vehicle's papers must be in order - proof of ownership of the vehicle or rental company, your driver's license, and a police clearance certificate. The police at the border post will check your engine number, chassis, trailer number and license details. If you own the vehicle, make sure that your insurance is covered while you travel in Namibia. Your bank must also issue you with a letter giving you authorisation to take the vehicle across the Border, including dates. The bank letter and license papers must be signed by the Commissioner of Oaths. If you are using a rental car, make sure you have a letter from the rental company giving you permission to take the vehicle out of the Country!"

-26° 44' 30.4005", 20° 1' 25.6351"